Swirl Flap Removal Kit - Intake Manifold
Saab 9-3 Sports TiD 16 Valve (150hp) that has later manifold 55210201, this was fitted as standard from 2007 onwards and also to some 2006 models.
Saab 9-5 TiD 16 Valve (150hp) that has later manifold 55210201, this was fitted as standard from 2007 to 2010 and also to some 2006 models
Designed specifically to work with the Pierburg inlet manifold part number 20346203 / 55210201.Please check part number that is stamped into the top of the manifold near cylinder 3 if at all unsure. This kit is NOT suitable for earlier manifold part numbers.
The swirl flap removal kit allows you to re-use your original inlet/induction manifold (55210201), with the swirl flaps (which are prone to failure) REMOVED, meaning there is no need to replace your existing manifold!
This kit consists of:
5 x Taper machined aluminium bushes
1 x BondLoc B603 locking compound (developed for oily environments)
Each aluminium bush is machined to a taper, so it will drop into the hole easily to locate, with around half of its length inserted. The second half of the bush is machined to a tight fit that will require the use of a G clamp*, or similar, to press it into place. This creates an incredibly strong seal. BondLoc is also used, giving even more strength than necessary.
Once 'De-flapped' the square runner of the manifold will now be free flowing with no swirl flaps.
The flap actuation motor should be left on the vehicle, and connected electrically, but with the lever arm disconnected. This allows the ECU to recognise that the motor is present, and working, and should not cause EML.
*G Clamp - Not included (Available at most DIY outlets)
VAT (Value Added Tax) is charged at 20% on all purchases shipped within the EEC (with the exception of certain items such as books).
1) Prices displayed on this website are VAT inclusive where the selected currency is an EU currency.
2) All non EU currency prices displayed do NOT include VAT.
3) Orders shipped to addresses outside the EEC will NOT be charged VAT, once shipping address is set and you are logged into your website account, VAT is automatically removed from all prices.
4) Orders being shipped within the EEC will be VAT inclusive where applicable.
5) If you are viewing prices in a non EU currency, prices displayed DO NOT include VAT.
PFS Parts Ltd. is registered for VAT in the United Kingdom, VAT no: GB809914994